As 2 Young Crones, we have been writing a monthly column for a while now. We just realized that we have never given an overview of what we practice and believe. (Ooops! Slight oversight on our part but better late than never?) For us, The Path Tradition is the name for our spiritual practice, both as individuals and together. We both come from a Wiccan background but have moved away from that practice and now base what we do on a number of important concepts. These include:
● Divine is both immanent and transcendent. We believe that everyone has an internal spark of the Divine (imminent) that longs to connect with the external Divine (transcendent) of the Universe itself.
● Balance is a personal goal of our spirituality so we have done Shadow Work and will continue to do so as needed along with a focus on spiritual growth and development.
● To work on balance, we know that the worlds of the magickal and the mundane overlap constantly and we call these meeting points, the betwixt and between places and the blurred lines between, “The Hedge”. A hedge marks a boundary yet is also porous to allow energy to move freely back and forth.
● We are Witches who practice the Craft. We define crafting as using our individual creative gifts to write rituals and spells, to make items as touchstones to remind us that we are the magick, and to perform daily practices to enhance our spirituality.
● We choose to work with the yearly Solar Cycle in very different ways. We believe that the stories of the relationship between the God and Goddess told to explain these eight festivals are parables to introduce individuals to shifts in energy and have split the eight into two sets of four. The first are the Sabbats which are the Solstices and Equinoxes where the focus is on very specific energy shifts between Light and Dark Energies throughout the year. The other four, which The Path titles the Cross-Quarter Times, are periods of time where one of the Physical Elements’ Energy is more available allowing us to focus on specific workings dealing with inspiration and creativity, growth of our practice foundations, analyzing our personal beliefs, and emotional work.
● To us, all space is sacred and we choose to cast a circle as a way to contain energy we raise for various workings rather than as a space to keep energy out. To this end, we may also work with the energies of what we call the Genus Loci, the Old Gods, or the Ancestors. Genus Loci is the natural spirit of the place where we are performing ritual. The Old Gods are not from a specific pantheon, but are the commonalities that ancient peoples chose to worship to explain natural phenomena such as storms or moving waters or to understand human emotions such as love or anger. There are two types of Ancestors, personal from whom we are descended through genetic connections and spiritual which are those who were Witches before us.
We choose to call our practice The Path because we have studied and practiced to learn to recognize the next step along our spiritual journey. At heart, we are seekers of knowledge, personal and practical, that we can adapt to craft rituals and spells that create the internal changes we need to become our most authentic selves. We practice Witchcraft with mirth and reverence in all possible ways.
We are 2 Young Crones, two older women who have been practicing Witchcraft together for over a decade and decided to create a business around sharing that knowledge and experience. Through our writing, instructional YouTube videos, craft supplies, and Full Moon Ritual subscription service, we strive to create a community of like-minded
We are 2 Young Crones, two older women who have been practicing Witchcraft together for over a decade and decided to create a business around sharing that knowledge and experience. Through our writing, instructional YouTube videos, craft supplies, and Full Moon Ritual subscription service, we strive to create a community of like-minded people interested in either beginning or strengthening their spiritual practice. We believe that helping others to create a vibrant and empowering spiritual life and practice is our current Great Work. We look forward to you joining us in creating positive changes in our lives and the world around us!
Be Well and Blessed!
Contact us today! email@example.com
Products and Services: https://www.etsy.com/shop/2youngcrones
ROC Metaphysical Interview with Su Weber one of the "2 Young Crones." Find out more how they draw on their background and their spiritual path.