Do you ever feel like you’re stuck in a rut? The way you approach each day largely determines the kind of life you have.
At some point, you’ve most likely experienced a troublesome event until you decided to adjust how you looked at the situation. Then, once you altered your perspective, you were able to clarify the issues and find a solution.
Changing your perspective can be enlightening. A fresh look at a situation can even open your eyes to see a person differently.
Try these strategies to alter your perception for more positive results in your life:
1. Entertain the improbable. Maybe you don’t think something is possible. But what if your desire could become a possibility by just changing your perspective?
• For example, maybe you’ve tried dieting over and over again without getting the results that you want. But what if this time, you shift your perspective from dieting to changing your lifestyle. You could then state with confidence, “I am losing weight and getting fit.”
2. Vow to be more accepting. New people and situations are inevitable. Sometimes, the best way to change your perspective is to be open to new ideas brought by your new acquaintances. Why not see what happens if you’re more open-minded and accepting? Tell yourself you’re letting go of your “old” templates for looking at things.
3. Seek a more positive lifestyle. Whenever you want to enhance your life, shift the way you see something to a more positive position. Let’s say your two sisters went out shopping and didn’t invite you to go. You might feel left out, rejected, and even angry about it. But what if you were to view the situation differently, even positively?
• Perhaps they didn’t really plan to shop. Maybe it happened spontaneously out of a need they both had to go shopping for something right then. Plus, your birthday’s coming up in 2 weeks. Maybe they’re planning a special surprise for you.
• Recognize that when you focus on having a more positive life, your perspective will change for the better.
4. Avoid any old ways of looking at things. When you make the connection that your perspective is what creates any discontent you feel, you can then choose to view things differently. For example, let’s say you usually think your boss gives you the project with the most work just because he wants to dump on you.
• What would happen if you were to shift your perspective to the idea that your manager trusts you most to successfully complete the most challenging projects? You’d feel a lot differently about your boss, job, and your own abilities.
5. Give people another chance. Even if someone has upset you, entertain the idea that it wasn’t intentional. Maybe they were having a rough day or made a mistake in judgment. Perhaps a misunderstanding took place between you. One of the best ways to get out of a rut is to change how you respond to those around you.
• A beautiful strategy to change your perspective is to let go of a grudge. Try it, you’ll love it. After all, grudges and anger hurt you far more than they hurt the other person.
If you want to get out of a rut, try applying these techniques to change your perspective. You’ll discover the power you have over your own life and be thrilled with the results.
About Rev. Colleen Irwin. Rev Colleen is a natural born medium. Discovering how to share this knowledge with others has been an adventure that she captured in her book "Discovering Your Stream". In addition to volunteering time at Lily Dale, her speaking engagements, private readings, and spiritual classes she teaches across the country, Colleen is also a volunteer Docent sharing the experiences of Susan B. Anthony to visitors of the Susan B. Anthony Museum.
In 2019 she joined a long line of women as a Previvor – Preventing Cancer before it appears as she carries the BRCA2 gene mutation. She now uses her platform to educate others about the BRCA genetic mutation and how one can take control of their health and well-being.
Colleen's Media Links: http://talkwithcolleen.com/about/